Wednesday, September 30, 2015

september october transition

Curly maple and "Dakota" solid surface for the upstairs bathroom vanity. 

All the windows are in, the framing upstairs is done, and the electrician arrives tomorrow. Things have slowed down since the whirlwind days of the house raising. The foam insulation has been pushed back a week, to October 12. Our contractor is trying to get more than one house snug before the colder weather comes in. We are trying to be patient.

I've been out in the world, making choices on all sorts of things...each decision taking twice as long as I hope it will, it seems. I'm not sure what happened to "plain and simple" in the design world, but there's not much of it happening these days. As I check things off my list, though, I can imagine things coming together in a few months, and then it will all be worth it. :-)

Our main floor is now wide open, with lots of big windows all around. Kitchen, dining and living space will flow one to the other. We are envisioning a very clean, Shaker esthetic. I am wondering if any of you have ideas for very neutral wall colors that will embrace the sunshine and views that we are so blessed with.

And the exterior color? Will reveal that next week.  

2 comments:

  1. Karen, I loved the colors you chose in your Connecticut home as you prepared to sell it. And I absolutely love the combination shown in the above photo! I'm guessing red for the exterior? I don't know why!! Great stuff going on at your b-o-e !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to be a part of your adventure through this marvel of technology. I agree with Judy about the colors you chose in CT. Not to compete with what's outside those marvelous windows……
    Can't wait for the next glimpse.

    ReplyDelete